Sorry I have written this blog so late in the day but I have been rehearsing all day for a West End performance but I really wanted to do something today.
Here are a list of 10 things that you didn’t know had names:
- Aglet: the metal or plastic covering on the end of a shoelace.
- Armsate: A hole in a shirt or a jumper through which you put your hand and arm.
- Diastema: the gap between your teeth.
- Ferrule: A metal band on the top of a pencil that holds the rubber in place.
- Fillip: the technical term for snapping your finger.
- Keeper: the loop on a belt that holds the end in place after it has passed through the buckle.
- Obdormition: when an arm or leg goes to ‘sleep’ as a result of numbness caused by pressure on a nerve.
- Ophyron: the space between your eyebrows.
- Peen: on a hammer, the end opposite the striking face.
- Pips: the little bumps on the surface of a table tennis bat.
Fact of the day: The bones of a pigeon weigh less than its feathers.
Joke of the day: What does a cat have that no other animal has? Kittens
Riddle of the day: What has cities, but no houses; forests, but no trees; and water, but no fish?
Leave in the comments what you think the answer to the riddle might be.
Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more posts like this one.