Here are some really simple but effective things you can do to help save the planet from the destruction caused by pollution, greenhouse gases and global warming.
- Make sure all the lights in your house have energy-saving bulbs. Always turn off any lights that aren’t needed.
- Turn off game consoles, TVs, DVD and video player and stereo completely when you are not using them. If the red stand-by is on, the appliance is still using electricity.
- Make sure you and/or your family recycles everything possible. Newspapers, glass, cans, old clothing, cardboard, plastic containers and paper and should be recycled.
- Don’t throw away old toys, books or CDs that you don’t want any more. You can take them to a local charity shop.
- Reuse things wherever possible. For example, keep old plastic bags and reuse them again and again. I sometimes use them for small bin liners.
- Save water. Don’t run taps while you clean your teeth. It is very wasteful. Fill a glass with water to rinse your mouth. Also don’t run a tap to rinse dishes when washing up.
Fact of the day: Dolphin’s hearing is so acute that it can pick up an underwater sound from 15 miles away.
Joke of the day: My teacher pointed at me with his ruler and said “At the end of this ruler is and idiot.” I got a detention when I asked which end
Riddle of the day: Which word does not belong in this list: Stop, cop, mop, chop, prop, shop or crop?
Leave in the comments what you think the answer to the riddle is. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one. Remember to tell me in the comments if you liked the joke I put up today and found it funny. Also if you are a fan of saving the planet, like I am, please tell me in the comments.