If you like bats this will be a good post for you. Here is a list of things you probably didn’t know about bats:
- There are giant bats in Indonesia with a wingspan of nearly 1.8 metres.
- The common little brown bat of North America is, for its size, the world’s longest-lived mammal. It can live to the age of 32.
- There is a bat that lives on scorpions and it is immune to their stings.
- Frog-eating bats find and identify edible frogs by listening to the mating calls.
- Vampire bats adopt orphans, and have been known to risk their lives to share food with less fortunate roost-mates.
- Of all the mammal species in the world, almost a quarter are bats.
- Bats always turn left when leaving a cave.
- African heart-nosed bats can hear the footsteps of a beetle on sand two metres away.
- The world’s smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat of Thailand.
Fact of the day: Caterpillars have 12 eyes.
Joke of the day: Child: Teacher? Teacher: Yes Child: Would you punish m for something that I didn’t do? Teacher: Of course not Child: I didn’t do my homework
Riddle of the day: Sally’s mother has three kids, the first two are called: One and Two. The third one isn’t called ‘Three’ What is their name?
Leave in the comments if you know what the answer to the riddle is. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one. Remember to tell me in the comments if you liked the joke.