Here are some facts about the world you probably didn’t know:
- Disney World is bigger than the world’s five smallest countries.
- There is a city called Rome on every continent.
- Istanbul is the only city in the world to be in two continents (Europe and Asia).
- All the continent are wider in the North than in the South.
- The Dead Sea is really a lake.
- You could drive around the world four times with the amount of fuel in a jumbo jet.
- The largest employer in the world us the Indian railway system.
- In Bhutan, all citizens officially become a year older on New Year’s Day.
- There isn’t a (real) river in the whole of Saudi Arabia.
- If all the Antarctic ice melted, the ocean level would rise nearly 75 metres, and 25 per cent of the world’s land surface would be flooded.
- There are more Barbie dolls in Italy than there are Canadians in Canada.
- There are more than 15,000 different varieties of rice.
- In China, the population of over a billion shares about 200 family names.
Fact of the day: At -90*C breath will freeze in mid air and fall to the ground.
Joke of the day: This is a terrible day. First my ex got hit by a bus. Then, I lost my job as a bus driver.
Riddle of the day: What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
Leave in the comments if you know what the answer to the riddle is. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and what me to write more like this one. Remember to leave in the comments if you like the joke I put up today.