For any marine mammal fans this will be a good post for you. Here is a list of facts you probably didn’t know about marine mammals:
- To keep from being separated while sleeping, sea otters tie themselves together with kelp.
- A baby grey whale drinks enough milk to fill more than 2,000 baby bottles a day.
- Whales increase their weight 30,000,000,000 times in their first two years.
- A blue whales tongue weighs more than an elephant.
- Next to a man, the porpoise is the most intelligent creature on Earth.
- Whales’ songs rhyme.
- Whales sometimes rub against hulls of passing ships to get rid of parasites on their skin.
- A large whale needs more than two tons of food a day.
- The whale produces the loudest sound by an animals at 188 decibels.
- The blue whales heart beats nine times a minute.
- Whales can’t swim backwards.
- The brain of a sperm whale weighs 7.8 kilograms but that is only 0.02 per cent of its body weight.
- Because its eyeball is fixed, the whale must move its huge body to shift its line of sight.
- Dolphins can hear more than 14 times better than humans.
- Seals sleep in snatches for one and a half minutes.
- The Weddell seal can travel underwater for seven miles without surfacing for air.
- A male sea lion can go for three months without eating.
Fact of the day: There are no public toilets in Peru.
Joke of the day: This is a terrible day for me. First my ex got hit by a bus. Then, I lost my job as a bus driver.
Riddle of the day: You buy me to eat but you never eat me. What am I?
If you know the answer to the riddle leave it in the comments. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one. Also tell me in the comments if you ,like me. love marine mammals. Remember to leave it in the comments if you like the joke that has been put up on today’s post.