If you are a fan of sea life this will be a good post for you. Here is a list of facts you probably didn’t know about sea life:
- An octopus can undo the lid of a screw-top jar.
- The noise made by a pistol shrimp is so loud that it can shatter glass.
- A lobster can lay 150,000 eggs at one time.
- The giant squid is the largest creature without a backbone.
- A sea urchin walks on its teeth.
- The giant Pacific octopus can fit its entire body through an opening no bigger than the size of its beak.
- Using its web – the skin between its arms – an octopus can carry up to a dozen crabs to eat.
- The strictly correct plural for ‘octopus’ is ‘octopodes’, but ‘octopuses’ is much more commonly used.
- Coral and jellyfish are closely related.
Fact of the day: The blue whales heart is the size of a small car.
Joke of the day: What do you call a tree that an fit in your hand? A palm!
Riddle of the day: What can you see but not touch or see and yet control.
If you know the answer to the riddle leave it in the comments. Also drop a like if you enjoyed reading today’s post and want me to write more like this one. Remember to let me know in the comments if you liked the joke I put up there today.