For any snake fans this will be a good post for you. Here are some facts, you probably didn’t know, about snakes:
- Rattlesnakes are born without rattles.
- Most snakes lay eggs. However the anaconda, one of the world’s largest snakes, gives birth to live young, which can hunt, swim and look after themselves within a few hours of being born.
- Snakes do not have eyelids, so they cannot close their eyes or blink. Instead they have a layer of clear scales, called brille, protecting their eyes.
- Rattlesnakes gather in groups to sleep through the winter. As many as 1,000 might coil up together to keep warm.
- The only continent that doesn’t have snakes in it is Antarctica.
- Snakes ‘hear’ through their jaws.
Fact of the day: The longest word that doesn’t repeat a letter is ‘uncopyrightable’
Joke of the day: What do you call a 100-year-old ant? An antique!
Riddle of the day: Its an insect, and the first part of its name is another insect. What is it?
If you know the answer to the riddle leave it in the comments. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one. Remember to tell me in the comments if you like the joke put up today.