I have actually been to the USA. When I went I was in Orlando, Florida (you can find out more about my holiday from my blog post on it). Here are some facts you probably didn’t know about the USA:
- There are 556 officially recognized Native American tribes.
- In Los Angeles, there are more cars than people.
- Every hour, 12,500 puppies are born in the United States.
- In Alaska, it is against the law to push a living moose out of a moving aeroplane.
- In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for taking bets on when patients would die.
- The largest living thing on Earth (by volume) is the General Sherman tree in Sequoia National Park. It is 84 metres tall and its trunk.
- The United States has five per cent of the world’s population. 25 per cent of the world’s prisoners and 70 per cent of the world’s lawyers.
- Since 1 January 2004, the population of the United States has been increasing by one person every 12 seconds. Every 13 seconds someone dies. Every 8 seconds someone is born and every 25 seconds an immigrant arrives.
- The United States consumes 25 per cent of the world’s energy.
- 72 per cent of Americans sign their pets’ names on a greetings card they send.
- Second Street is the most common street name in the United States.
- Americans eat more bananas than any other fruit.
- Every day 7 per cent of the US eats at McDonald’s.
Fact of the day: Rowan Atkinson had originally intended to be an electrical engineer.
Joke of the day: What kind of fish chases mouse? A catfish!
Riddle of the day: There was a plane that crashed, every single person died. Who survived?
If you know the answer to the riddle leave it in the comments. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one. Also remember to tell me in the comments if you like the joke I put up there today.