Here is a list of things that are not what they seem:
- Rice paper contains no rice.
- French fries originated in Belgium not France.
- Great Danes come from Germany not Denmark.
- Polecats aren’t cats, they’re weasels.
- Koala bears aren’t bears, they’re marsupials.
- Mountain goats aren’t goats, they’re small antelopes.
- Fireflies aren’t flies, they’re beetles.
- The funny bone isn’t a bone, it’s a nerve.
- Jackrabbits aren’t rabbits they’re hares.
- Shooting stars aren’t stars, they’re meteors.
- Prairie dogs aren’t dogs, they’re rodents.
- Guinea pigs aren’t pigs, nor are they from Guinea; they’re South American rodents.
- Lead pencils contain graphite, not lead.
- Glow-worms aren’t worms they’re beetles.
- Horned toads aren’t toads they’re lizards.
- Bombay duck isn’t duck, its dry fish
- Silkworms aren’t worms, they’re caterpillars.
- Peanuts aren’t nuts, they’re legumes.
- There’s no sand in sand paper.
- Black eyed peas aren’t peas, they’re beans
- The French poodle originated in Germany.
- The Jerusalem artichoke isn’t an artichoke and doesn’t come from Jerusalem. It’s from America and is part of the sunflower family.
- The Caspian Sea is a lake.
- The grey whale is black
- Female blackbirds aren’t black, they’re brownish-grey.
- The flying fox isn’t a fox, it’s a bat.
Fact of the day: In one day you will take around 18,000 steps.
Joke of the day: Which is the most curious letter? Y!
Riddle of the day: How many of each species did Moses take with him on the ark?
If you know what the answer to the riddle leave it in the comments below. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one. Also remember to tell me in the comments if you like the joke I put up today.