I am sorry that I have not done a post in these last couple of days. I travelled down to Devon to see my grandparents and didn’t have the time to do a post unfortunately. Here are a few random facts about animals:
- A ducks quack does not echo.
- All polar bears are left-handed.
- Cows are capable of walking upstairs but not downstairs.
- A snail can go to sleep for three years.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds.
- A hedgehog’s heart beats an average of 300 times a minute.
- A donkey can see all four of its feet at the same time.
- A mole can dig a tunnel 90m (295ft) long in one night.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- If you cut a cockroach’s head it can survive for weeks until it starves to death.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Sharks have no bones.
- Kangaroos can’t walk backwards.
Fact of the day: The letter Q is the only letter that does not appear in the names of any US state.
Joke of the day: What do you get when two giraffes collide? A giraffic jam.
Riddle of the day: What gets broken without being held?
If you know the answer to the riddle leave it in the comments. Drop a like if you enjoyed reading this post and want me to write more like this one.